I'm working on evolution of conventions and the social contract now. I'm also interested in inductive logic, decision theory, rational deliberation, the metaphysics of logical atomism, causality, and Truth.
The table of contents, introduction and first chapter of my new book can be previewed here.
Bill Harms has a simulator for the dynamics of some of the games in Evolution of the Social Contract: it can be found by clicking here.
Jason McKenzie Alexander has a simulator for many evolutionary game theoretic models of interest to philosophers and social scientists. It can be found by clicking here.
Brian Skyrms' presidential address for the Philosophy of Science Association can be found here.
Reading Group on Philosophy of Probability (Fall 2011)
Readings -- Week 1 on Measuring Chance:
Readings -- Week 2 on Measuring Judgment:
Readings -- Week 3 on Psychology of Chance:
- Allais: Contributions to Ecomomic Science Lecture
- Risk, Ambiguity, and the Savage Axioms
- Judgment under Uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases
Readings -- Week 4 on Frequency:
Readings -- Week 5 on Mathematics of chance:
- Foundations of the Theory of Probability (read sections one and two, at least)
Readings -- Week 6 on Inverse Inference:
Readings -- Week 7 on Unification:
Readings -- Week 8 on Algorithmic Randomness:
Readings -- Week 9 on Physical Chance:
Readings -- Week 10 on the Problem of Induction:
- Hume on the Human Understanding of Probability
- Savage on the Implications of Personal Probabililty for Induction
- Signals: Evolution, Learning & Information (Introduction, Table of Contents and Chapter 1) Oxford University Press, forthcoming
- The Stag Hunt and the Evolution of Social Structure Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- Evolution of the Social Contract Cambridge University Press: 1996.
- The Dynamics of Rational Deliberation Harvard University Press: 1990.
- Pragmatics and Empiricism Yale University Press: 1984.
- Causal Necessity Yale University Press: 1980.
- Choice and Chance:An Introduction to Inductive Logic 4th ed. Wadsworth:1999.
- From Zeno to Arbitrage: Essays on Quantity, Coherence, & Induction: Oxford University Press, January 2013
- "Learning to signal: analysis of a micro-level reinforcement model" (co-authored with Raffaele Argiento, Robin Pemantle, and Stanislav Volkov)
- "Signaling with Multiple Senders and Receivers"
- "Pragmatics, Logic, and Information Processing" (Given at ZAS in Berlin)
- "Evolution of Moral Norms" (co-authored with Bill Harms)
- "Diachronic Coherence and Radical Probabilism" From Philosophy of Science, 73 (December 2006)
- "A dynamic model of social network formation" (coauthored with Robin Pemantle) (2000) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA
- "Network formation by reinforcement learning the long and medium run" (co-authored with Robin Pemantle)
- "Time to absorption in discounted reinforcement models" (co-authored with Robin Pemantle)
- "Signals, Evolution and the Explanatory Power of Transient Information
- "Learning to Network" (co-authored with Robin Pemantle)
- "The Stag Hunt" (Presidential Address at the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association)
- "Stability and Explanatory Significance of Some Simple Evolutionary Models"
- "Dynamics of Conformist Bias" (2005) The Monist, v. 88 259-269
- "Salience and Symmetry-Breaking in the Evolution of Convention" from Law and Philosophy 17(1998)pp411-418.